Skip navigation

We’ve launched our Expert Advisory Panel - read more about the Innovation Agenda here.

Language Proficiency

You must prove proficiency in one of Canada’s two official languages (i.e. fluency in English or French) before being allowed to write the PCE. If you complete your physiotherapy education (both classroom and clinical components) in Australia, France, New Zealand, Republic of Ireland, South Africa, United Kingdom, or the United States, you do not need to complete a language proficiency test. If you have completed your education in any other country you are required to submit a language test as part of your credentialling process. The language proficiency score that is submitted must have been achieved within the past two years.  For more information on accepted tests and scores, please consult CAPR’s language proficiency policy.