Skip navigation

We’ve launched our Expert Advisory Panel - read more about the Innovation Agenda here.

Settlement Agencies

Settlement agencies provide services to help you adjust to your new life in Canada. Many of the services they provide are free and all information is kept private and confidential.

Many settlement agencies have staff who can speak languages other than English. If you go to a settlement agency and they do not have the service or language you need, they will help you find another agency that does.

Settlement services typically include:

  • interpretation and translation of documents
  • help filling out forms and applications
  • English as a Second Language (ESL) classes
  • help finding a job or training
  • assistance in finding housing
  • information about other community services, schools and health care.

You can find more information about settlement agencies in your area by visiting the Government of Canada’s website.

Disclaimer: Any assistance a settlement agency provides, must still comply with our document requirements to be accepted by CAPR.